The Americans with Disabilities Act was signed into Law 30 years ago on July 26th, 1990. Here are some of the reasons we are thankful for all of the contributions that have taken place since then.
Ways you can also show tribute to the ADA
Over the past 2 weeks, we have posted ways you can contribute to accessibility and further advance the success of the ADA. Here is a running list of those posts including some ideas that are fast, easy, and effective. If you have a story you would like to share, we would love to hear it. Send us a tweet as we are always looking for accessibility stories and successes including stories for our Real People, Real Stories podcasts.
- Day One: Learn the terms and impact of digital technology on people with disabilities
- Day Two: Reviewing Your Corporate Inclusion Initiatives
- Day Three: Review the Accessibility of Your Public-Facing Websites
- Day Four: Training Your Staff on How to Support People with Disabilities
- Day Five: Review your Corporate Digital Accessibility Policies / Statement of Intent
- Day Six: Host or Attend an ADA30 Event
- Day Seven: 10 Easy Website Accessibility Quick Tips and Recommendations
- Day Eight: Encourage Digital and Marketing Teams to Make a Difference
- Day Nine: Acquire Tools to Move Accessibility Forward with Development Teams
- Day Ten: A Starter Guide For Improving Digital Accessibility
- Day Eleven: Set up Monitoring for Your Website
- Day Twelve: Get Social to Spread the Word!