Practising Law Institute (PLI)
In 2017, Practising Law Institute (PLI) turned to TPGi when they realized the magnitude of what it would take to achieve their accessibility goals.
TPGi was able to work with them on the following initiatives
- Development accessibility training for PLI’s Software Engineering and Product Management teams
- Multiple comprehensive manual accessibility reviews for PLI’s website and digital content
- Several VPAT iterations
- Expert helpdesk support to enable PLI developers to resolve difficult accessibility challenges
- Accessibility monitoring and testing via TPGi’s ARC Monitoring service to proactively identify issues
PLI’s site went from being riddled with inaccessible content to one that provides an accessible user experience for their customers. They managed to reduce their WCAG failures by over 90% since starting their partnership with TPGi.
VitalSource, a recognized innovator in the digital course materials market, partnered with TPGi to integrate agile accessibility support into its processes as the company’s needs grew more complex.
TPGi supported VitalSource in several ways
- Agile implementation
- Guidance during the development planning stage
- Iterative product development
- Countless hours and resources saved that would have been required to fix errors in the post-development stage
- Accessibility testing at a magnitude previously thought to be too costly or time-prohibitive to tackle
- Reduced incidence of accessibility errors requiring future remediation
- Accessibility has become an integral part of the DevOps culture, lowering legal risk