Full-Time // Remote
At TPGi, you’ll be part of a global team of experts focused on helping our clients build an accessible future. Every day, we advise our clients as they build new digital experiences for their customers, including websites, mobile applications, streaming platforms, and even in-person kiosks! As a division of Vispero, the world’s leading assistive technology provider, we know how important it is to ensure these digital experiences are inclusive and meet the needs of people with disabilities.
The Accessibility Engineer will advise our clients on how to make their digital offerings conform with the standards of accessibility and maximize the usability for users with disabilities. An emphasis will be placed on evaluating the accessibility of Web technologies, mobile accessibility, and native applications using internationally recognized standards, guidelines and techniques. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments.
Most importantly, we seek candidates who are passionate about accessibility and want to join a team of like-minded professionals.
- Honest with integrity and a passion for accessibility
- Reliable, dependable, and trustworthy; someone the TPGi team can count on
- An advocate of continuous learning; able to absorb and share new ideas, approaches, and techniques for achieving accessibility
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and in a team environment
- Excellent analytical skills with strong written and oral communications; able to express findings and insights in an actionable manner for our clients
- Excited to be a part of a fast-growing company
- Eager to be heard and willing to contribute ideation to our innovation initiatives
- Perform accessibility evaluations of web pages, desktop applications, mobile apps and other emerging platforms
- Intelligently apply accessibility testing tools, use assistive technology and perform expert manual analysis of client products using the TPGi ARC platform
- Clearly document your accessibility findings and recommendations for our clients, building upon the extensive base content found in our ARC Knowledge Base
- Participate in occasional accessibility training to clients, virtually and on-site as warranted
- Answer accessibility related questions from clients to ensure our insights are actionable
- Provide ongoing “agile” accessibility development support to our HelpDesk clients through the TPGi ARC platform
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of accessibility
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver the best solution for the client
- Represent TPGi proudly at industry conferences and via social media, where appropriate
- Help us build an accessible future
- Must be familiar with the issues of accessibility faced by people with disabilities and aging populations
- Must have in-depth knowledge of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG 2.1)
- Should have experience with assistive technologies across multiple platforms, including screen readers, magnification, and read-aloud tools
- Must have effective working experience with a variety of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
- Must be able to quickly adapt to new accessibility tools and the TPGi ARC Platform
- Have three (3) to five (5) years of experience working in the accessibility field
- Knowledge of accessibility techniques in native mobile applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree/relevant experience a plus
- Experience with the TPGi ARC Platform is a plus
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast-paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@TPGi.com
Vispero actively seeks to develop greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future employees. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all individuals to apply. Vispero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.