Almost 30 years ago, on July 26, 1990, George H.W. Bush signed the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) into law. In honor of this momentous piece of legislature, TPGi will be releasing daily content to help you celebrate and support your efforts to promote inclusivity.
Watch the video below for a short history of digital accessibility.
Video not playing? View “History of Accessibility” on YouTube.
13 Ways to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the ADA and make a difference
Links will be added daily to the content, so keep checking back!
- Day One: Learn the terms and impact of digital technology on people with disabilities
- Day Two: Reviewing Your Corporate Inclusion Initiatives
- Day Three: Review the Accessibility of Your Public-Facing Websites
- Day Four: Training Your Staff on How to Support People with Disabilities
- Day Five: Review your Corporate Digital Accessibility Policies / Statement of Intent
- Day Six: Host or Attend an ADA30 Event
- Day Seven: 10 Easy Website Accessibility Quick Tips and Recommendations
- Day Eight: Encourage Digital and Marketing Teams to Make a Difference
- Day Nine: Acquire Tools to Move Accessibility Forward with Development Teams
- Day Ten: A Starter Guide For Improving Digital Accessibility
- Day Eleven: Set up Monitoring for Your Website
- Day Twelve: Get Social to Spread the Word!
While we’ve seen significant changes for the better over these past three decades, there is still a lot of work to be done. No matter how small, every effort towards positive change has an impact. This year on July 26, take stock of what accessibility initiatives you want to accomplish for yourself and for your company, and contact us if you need help with supporting them.