IC Accessibility Tester
Full-Time // Remote
As an Accessibility Tester, you will help ensure accessibility of technology for people with disabilities and older users, with an emphasis on accessibility of Web technologies and guidelines, mobile accessibility, and native applications. The successful candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multi-task a variety of demanding assignments without degradation of work quality.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT:
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIEs:
- Engage in rapid prototyping in support of research and standards developments to evaluate potential technical solutions
- Collaborate with other team members to find the best solution for the client
- Perform accessibility audits of web pages and desktop applications using accessibility testing tools and assistive technology products
- Write up audit reports, describing accessibility issues and recommendations for resolving them
- Answer accessibility-related questions through helpdesk tickets and client conference calls
- Provide accessibility support to developer teams, either through consultancy or through contributing code
- Keep up to date with the latest developments in the field of accessibility and related standards
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Must be a US citizen
- Must have active current TS/SCI clearance and Full Scope Poly
- Must have either:
- 2 years of experience of conducting comprehensive website and desktop application testing against both Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) Level A & AA Success Criteria and Section 508, or
- 2+ years of web development and/or conducting Quality Assurance for web
- JAWS experience preferred
- Understand accessibility evaluation tools and methods
- Have working knowledge with the user requirements of people with disabilities and older users, with regard to accessibility of the web
- Must be motivated and a quick learner, able to work both independently and as team player
- Effective working knowledge of accessibility verification tools, assistive technologies, and accessibility standards
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, or equivalent degree.
- Experience: 2 years of accessibility experience or web development/QA experience
The typical salary range for this position is USD $100,000 – $150,000 depending on experience and can vary.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts working in an exciting, challenging, fast-paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@TPGi.com
Vispero and TPGi actively seeks to develop greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future employees. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all individuals to apply. Vispero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.