I am always looking back through the TPGi blog archives to find tests I have done in the past, as often I have forgotten where the tests reside. To remind myself and hopefully provide quick access to some useful resources for others, I have collated links to some of the tests and results.
Browser & Assistive Technology Tests
- ARIA Landmark role support tests – 11/07/2011: Testing of ARIA landmark support in IE, Firefox, Safari, JAWS, Window Eyes, VoiceOver and NVDA. Associated article: HTML5 Accessibility Chops: ARIA landmark support
- Testing form control labelling support in popular browsers and screen readers – 04/07/2011: Testing of the HTML
labelelement and for/id support in IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, Opera, JAWS, VoiceOver and NVDA.
Associated article: HTML5 Accessibility Chops: form control labeling
- HTML5 block link tests – Testing of Block links in IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome, JAWS, Window Eyes, VoiceOver and NVDA.
Associated article: HTML5 Accessibility Chops: Block Links
- Comparison of ARIA roles exposed via MSAA and UI Automation in IE9:23/02/2011 – Testing of differences in ARIA implementation support between MSAA and UI automation.
- HTML5 placeholder attribute tests – 28/01/2011 testing of how Firefox and Webkit expose placeholder text to accessibility APIs dependent on other labelling methods being used.
Associated article: HTML5 Accessibility Chops: the placeholder attribute
- JAWS Support for ARIA
Not testing, but great information (from freedome scientific) on how JAWS interprets and supports ARIA roles, states and properties.
- tests of alt and title content display in popular browsers – 05/01/2010: testing of how alt and title are displayed in IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Opera.
Associated article: alt and title content display in poular browsers
- Assistive Technology Navigation Support for ARIA User Input controls – 09/12/2009: Testing of JAWS, NVDA and Window Eyes support for a subset of ARIA roles.
Associated article: ARIA User Input control’s navigation support
- ARIA roles exposed via MSAA by browsers on Windows – Webkit Nightly 23/09/09, Opera 10.10, IE 8, Firefox (minefield) 3.6b1pre & Chrome 3.0
- ARIA User Input Widget role tests – Firefox 3 + Assistive Technology – 05/12/2008: Testing of ARIA input control roles in Firefox, JAWS, Window Eyes, Zoomtext and NVDA.
Associated article: Testing WAI-ARIA role support
- How the JAWS screen reader announces image information – 03/09/2007
- Assistive technology users test title attribute access – 10/2005: old research, but still indicates level of support in modern browsers and assitive technology.