Section 508 Program and Policy Support Specialist
Full-Time // Remote
The Section 508 Program and Policy Support Specialist provides Subject Matter Expertise for Section 508 program and policy support to the government customer. He/She/They provides guidance for Section 508 compliance, drafts and maintains Section 508 policy and process documentation, provides Section 508 and accessibility consultation services throughout the development and procurement lifecycle, validates reported Section 508 issues, and provides remediation guidance. He/She/They provides Section 508 guidance including: how to format documents so they are accessible to AT users; how to write accessible applications for SharePoint sites, websites, database applications, Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Tools, and client-server applications; how to create accessible training aids for PWDs; how to create/troubleshoot/document/maintain specialized scripts for various AT software products for optimal performance; and best practices for remediating inaccessible content or applications.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures to address Section 508 requirements, including the requirement for a 501/504/508 Agency complaint policy
- Advise customers and procurement personnel about Section 508 requirements to ensure that accessible IT is purchased
- Advise content creators on strategies for creating accessible content and remediating legacy content that is not accessible
- Provide Section 508 compliance policy support to nine Portfolio and ESAs
- Proactively engage with portfolio managers to develop and mature their accessibility baselines
- Support the creation and operation of an IT accessibility team chaired by the Section 508 program manager
- Assist with the preparation of DOD CIO and OMB and other Agency Section 508 reporting requirements
- Generate performance and usability metrics for DLA system and AT solutions across the DLA enterprise
- Provide Section 508 Subject Matter Expertise to strategic technical decisions, long term planning, IT infrastructure improvements, Annual Operating Plans, and CTO initiatives
- Work with AT Support Engineers to formalize IT policy recommendations regarding the DLA Reasonable Accommodation Program
- Perform other Section 508 Compliance policy and support duties as assigned
- Experience working within the federal facilities O&M or construction related field
- Ability to perform work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail orientated and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with MS Office
- Working knowledge & experience with Microsoft SL and Unanet a plus
- Experience working for a government contractor
- Ideal candidate will have experience with all of the following assistive technologies: JAWS, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Kurzweil 3000, and Kurzweil 1000
- JAWS certification desirable but not mandatory
- Five years of experience in the execution of a Section 508 compliance program in the Federal or private sector to include the creation of policy and standard operating procedures manuals.
- Two years of experience of Section 508 knowledge with emphasis on creating policy and integrating new guidelines into an existing policy.
- Five years of experience of sound knowledge with emphasis on software development on multiple platforms and software testing techniques and procedures
- Two years of experience with the federal acquisition process and requirements and with Enterprise IT Lifecycle
- Proficient in English language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- US Citizenship required
Security & Certifications
The Section 508 Program and Policy Support Specialist must meet the certification requirements of DoD 8570.1-M and the security clearance requirements which they are assigned. This position requires an M alt-token to access servers and a D alt-token to access desktops to support users. This requires a minimum of IT level I to be approved for access.
- Sensitivity Level: IT level I
- IAT Level: IAT II
- Computing Baseline certification:
- CompTIA Security+
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast-paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@TPGi.com
This position is remote.
Vispero actively seeks to develop greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future employees. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all individuals to apply. Vispero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.