Assistive Technology Support Engineer
Full-Time // Remote
The Assistive Technology (AT) Support Engineer is a computer Systems Administrator providing support to the government contract customer and its AT users in the Enterprise network environment. He/she identifies, tests, configures, and integrates assistive technology hardware and software, including speech output software, Braille interfaces, TDD, speech input software, magnification software, video magnifiers, and alternative input devices, with existing or new computer systems needed by the customer. He/she also creates, tests, documents, and supports procedures for the rollout of computer systems and assistive technology hardware and software to the customer’s environment. The AT Support Engineer coordinates with customer personnel, other contractor personnel, and vendors to ensure knowledge of the market status of state-of-the-art improvements in assistive technologies. He/she is a specialist in Assistive Technology and possesses a variety of IT related skills and experience; Performs a wide spectrum of tasks such as requirements analysis, systems engineering and administration, network engineering and administration, programming and scripting, technical writing, and problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Integrate AT into the Enterprise network environment in accordance with change management processes
- Evaluate AT for potential to improve accessibility
- Configure, integrate, and test assistive technology and related hardware, software, and peripherals within the Enterprise network environment
- Create, test, maintain, document, and support procedures and automation for the successful deployment of assistive technology and related hardware, software, and peripherals within the Enterprise network environment
- Create, test, maintain, document, and support custom scripts for AT to increase accessibility of commercial and customer-made applications
- Support configuration management process for deploying AT
- Perform code review for accessibility
- Perform manual and automated testing for accessibility and compatibility and interoperability with AT
- Communicate issues with AT with AT vendors and coordinate correction of issues
- Perform other engineering support duties as assigned
- Assist AT users by phone, remotely, and via desk side support
- Diagnose and correct hardware and software problems related to accessibility and AT
- Identify, assess, troubleshoot, research, recommend, and document appropriate AT solutions
- Assist with setup, installation, and configuration of AT software and hardware for AT users
- Create/update trouble tickets to document issues in automated ticket system
- Perform other user support duties as assigned
- Customize, maintain, and update accessibility and AT related e-learning training
- Create, maintain, and update job aids for AT users
- Ensure all training materials are accessible and usable
- Perform other training duties as assigned
- Experience working within the federal facilities O&M or construction related field
- Ability to perform work independently and with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Well organized, detail orientated and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient with MS Office
- Working knowledge & experience with Microsoft SL and Unanet a plus
- Experience working for a government contractor
- Ideal candidate will have experience with all of the following assistive technologies: JAWS, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking, Kurzweil 3000, and Kurzweil 1000
- JAWS certification desirable but not mandatory
- Five years of experience in the information technology field to include systems engineering and systems administration and integration.
- Two years of experience in deploying, supporting and maintaining assistive technology in the Enterprise environment, engineering and integration.
- Proficient in English language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- US Citizenship required
Security & Certifications
The AT Support Engineer must meet the certification requirements of DoD 8570.1-M and the security clearance requirements which they are assigned. This position requires an M alt-token to access servers and a D alt-token to access desktops to support users. This requires a minimum of IT level I to be approved for access.
- Sensitivity Level: IT level I
- IAT Level: IAT II
- Computing Baseline certification:
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment certifications:
- Windows 10 (one of the following):
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate
- Certiport Information Technology Specialist – Device Configuration and Management
- Windows 10 (one of the following):
- Windows Azure
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Administrator Associate
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast-paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Careers@TPGi.com
This position is remote.
Vispero actively seeks to develop greater levels of diversity in our workforce and in our pipeline of future employees. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all individuals to apply. Vispero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.